Reflection of e-Portfolio
The elements of the e-portfolio are listed below with a few questions to help guide you as you prepare Reflection statement of portfolio artifacts. omesp will help you write an e-portfolio that is reflective. We also help you understand what are the elements of a reflection e-Portfolio.
Each reflection statement should be one to one and half page with double space. I need 7 reflection statements, One introductory statement and one conclusion statement. A reflective statement must accompany each artifact submitted in the portfolio. All No of pages together will be 10-14.
The reflective statement should provide a thoughtful, introspective narrative in response to the following:
A Description of the Activity for E-portfolio
What did you (the student) learn from the activity?
How did the activity assist in achieving the learning objective?
- Since this activity was completed initially, how have you increased your achievement of the learning objective?
- What are the implications for future learning or professional development?
The quality of the reflection is more important than the length of the statement
Student statement and portfolio framing statement
- Why did you decide to complete this degree? What were your learning needs/goals? Were you looking for specific knowledge, skills, experience?
- What information can you give the reader to guide him/her through your portfolio?
- What do you want the reader to know about you as they read the portfolio?
- Have you received any awards, published any papers or done any presentations at professional societies?
- Introduce your portfolio–tell the reader what it is that you are presenting.
- What theme emerges from the artifacts in the portfolio?
Artifacts with significance statement for each: What? So What? Now What?
- What did you learn by completing the Portfolio artifact?
- Did it fill any gap in knowledge or experience for you?
- Was there development of written and or verbal skills? Interpersonal skills? Other skills?
- Do you want/need to develop this or any other skills any further?
- Is there other knowledge in this area that you would like to pursue?
- How will you apply what you have learned from this particular project to your own profession?
Concluding Statement of Reflection
- What are your thoughts now that you have gone through this process?
- How do you summarize your portfolio?
- What story does it tell?
- What surprised you? What was affirmed for you?
- Where are you now and where were you at the beginning of your degree program?
- How has completing the program helped you to achieve your professional and/or personal goals?
- Where as a professional do you want to go from here?
- How well have you developed your skills in the 5 competency areas?
- What are your next steps? Do you have a plan for future learning?